29 Jan 2010

Nailing Inspiration

History does repeats itself. That was my primal thought when I watched 1972 "Cabaret" last night and Sally Bowles' (as impersonated by Liza Minelli) jade color painted nails flashed on the screen in full glory. I mean, there was a point no so long ago when many it-girls embraced this shade on their short-trimmed manicure, and some companies even saw it as they release their jade nail color in limited editions and c'est tout. And as you can see, Sally wore it a bit differently because it is long nails + the glitter is there too unlike the plain pastel look of the last jaderush. But it is still an amusing source of inspiration.


Siri

Alexa

Sally

Farewell, old chums & young followers.

x

Ronnie

9 comments:

  1. The green-ish nailpolish looks awesome! The color is very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realy neeeed Jade-coloured nail-polish!
    Thanks for the comment! I also love stripes :D

    xoxo Sootjeelina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm gonna buy the Chanel one! :) I LOVE Chanel Vernis, they always launch the perfect colours! :)

    I like the way you write, BTW.

    xx, Chic and Chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect post. Love it.
    I shall don my bowler hat next time I paint my nails jade.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the chanel make'up and the green nails!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love that nail color :)

    love your blog! :)
    - Audrey Allure <3
    http://audreyallure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving it on Alexa! I need this color ASAP!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love alexa's nail colour!! SOO perfect...as always!

    ReplyDelete